Investor Relations Analyst
Investor Relations Position – New York City
Founded in 1974, The Equity Group is an investor relations firm specializing in strategic investor and corporate communications, investor outreach, and advisory for small-to-mid-cap public and going-public companies across industries. The Equity Group’s long client relationships, which often span 10 – 20 years, reflect the firm’s high level of service and commitment to clients. The firm offers a challenging and collaborative work environment, and opportunity for advancement limited only by an individual’s performance and development. Average employee tenure is approximately 13 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a newly created Investor Relations position and work with a group of Equity Group executives on various aspects of client investor relations programs, as well as support activities related to business development.
- Research/market intelligence gathering on clients and their industries/peer companies; preparation of corresponding reports.
- Drafting/editing client news releases.
- Drafting/updating client investor presentations.
- Assisting with preparation for clients’ quarterly earnings events – logistics, drafting/editing news releases, drafting/editing scripts, and research related to Q&A prep.
- Interacting with client CEOs and CFOs.
- Developing investor target lists.
- Interacting with investors and analysts to build awareness of clients, address questions, and arrange meetings/calls with client management teams.
- Reviewing client websites and recommending enhancements and updates.
- Managing client IR calendars.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Finance degree or classes preferred.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Adept at Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (PowerPoint proficiency is essential)
- Understanding/interest in finance and the capital markets.
- Organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Capacity and interest in working in a team environment, while also being proactive and self-motivated, and able to work well independently.
- Experience with Financial Services (banking, insurance) or Healthcare a plus.
- Based in NY metro area.
The Equity Group Offers:
- Competitive salary and annual performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that fosters growth; an open opportunity for advancement.