Vice President, Investor Relations
Founded in 1974, The Equity Group is a well-established investor relations firm specializing in strategic investor and corporate communications, investor outreach, and advisory for small-to-mid-cap public and going-public companies across industries. The Equity Group’s long client relationships, which often span 10 – 20 years, reflect the firm’s high level of service and commitment to clients. The firm offers a challenging and collaborative work environment, and opportunity for advancement limited only by an individual’s performance and development. Average employee tenure is approximately 13 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to develop and implement strategic investor relations programs for a group of clients (public companies and going-public companies).
- Developing and implementing strategic investor relations programs for a group of clients.
- Drafting and editing quarterly earnings news releases and conference call scripts, as well as other corporate announcements.
- Developing and editing PowerPoint investor presentations.
- Introducing clients’ stories to investors and analysts to build awareness and interest, address questions, and arrange meetings/calls with client management teams.
- Interacting regularly with client management teams to provide counsel.
- Interacting with investors and analysts to discuss client developments.
- Working with the administrative person on your team regarding clients’ IR calendars, websites, issuance of news releases, email list maintenance, investor conferences and conference call logistics.
- Reporting to clients on activities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience employed by an investor relations firm, working in internal IR for a publicly traded company, and/or working in sell-side equity research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related discipline preferred.
- Understanding/interest in finance and the capital markets.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and understand businesses in different industries.
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing financially-oriented news releases and presentations.
- Experience and comfort interfacing with CEOs and CFOs.
- Organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Capacity and interest in working in a team environment, while also being proactive and self-motivated, and able to work well independently.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment.
- Adept at Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Equity Group offers:
- Competitive salary and annual performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that fosters growth; an open opportunity for advancement.